Tanjore - My past works

I learned Tanjore in 1996 through a lady from Madras.

A group of us -- Smt. Mangala Gouri Garu (Mrs. A S Raja), Smt. Sarva Lakshmi garu (Mrs. DV SubbaRao), Smt Usha ( Mrs C. Murthy) and others ( Sorry! i remember only few from the group) attended her class. 

Later in 1998 I started teaching Tanjore with the experience i gained by working on them for all that time. 

Those days since there is no cell phones or smartphones, couldn't get the collection of all my works. But luckily I still have some in my parents house and  with my brother. So I was able to collect the pictures of those. Here they are. 




A lot of tanjore artists does the muck / craft work and get the face and painting part done by some fellow artists who is good at it. In my case fortunately i am happy to do all the work single handed. That is where I enjoy to the fullest. 

Hope you enjoy! Please leave comments if you want to. 

Comments